Welcome to the third part of my February FastPass+ Series! Now that you’ve learned The Basics of FastPass+ at Walt Disney World and some booking strategies, it’s time to start planning! In this post, I’ll give you my recommendations for great FastPass+ reservations for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Let’s go!
The Magic Kingdom Mountain Range
The Magic Kingdom is home to the three coolest mountains – Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Each of these thrill rides features amazing theming and are considered “Disney Classics.” They also feature high wait times, (between 60 and 120 minutes).
If you have a thrill-seeker in your group, consider getting a FastPass+ for all three – or at least one – of these attractions. Whichever attraction you don’t FastPass+, plan to head straight to it at park open.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it’s off to work we go! This delightful journey through the Seven Dwarfs’ mine is one of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World. Judging by the usual wait times of 90 minutes or higher, it’s clear that a lot of other people agree with me too! This is one of the must-get FastPass+ reservations for the Magic Kingdom. If you’re not able to FastPass+ this attraction, head straight for it at park open or right before park close!
Peter Pan’s Flight
This attraction is a classic Disney dark ride, so it’s understandable that guests love it! However, even though this attraction uses an omnimover system, wait times can creep up over 90 minutes on even a “slow” park day. That’s due to the low number of available cars, meaning that Peter is not so efficient at moving a lot of friends through the attraction every hour.
If this attraction is a Fantasyland must-do for your travel group, I highly recommend getting a FastPass+ reservation for it! I would couple it with Seven Dwarfs so that you get the most enjoyment from two top attractions with little to no wait. If FastPass+ reservations are not available, definitely plan to hit this one at park open!
Options for Additional FastPass+ at the Magic Kingdom
After you’ve used your first three FastPass+ reservations, consider adding one of the following attractions! All of these make great FastPass+ reservations, for the reasons I’ve listed next to them.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – regularly experiences wait times over 45 minutes, the queue is covered but mostly outdoors
- The Haunted Mansion – regularly experiences wait times over 30 minutes, the outdoor queue can be tough on hot days
- The Jungle Cruise – regularly experiences wait times over 45 minutes, slow-moving attraction, the outdoor queue can be tough on hot days
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – regularly experiences wait times over 45 minutes, very popular with young children
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin – regularly experiences wait times over 45 minutes, very popular with young children, the queue is partially outdoors
Frozen, Soarin’, or Test Track…There Can Only Be One!
Epcot is the first park that introduces guests to a tiered FastPass+ system. This means that certain attractions are part of Tier One and guests can only choose a reservation for one of them, and the other attractions are Tier Two and guests can choose multiples of them.
Epcot’s Tier One includes Frozen Ever After, Soarin’, and Test Track – three attractions that regularly experience wait times over 60 minutes. So you will have to decide which ride is the biggest priority for your travel group and FastPass+ that attraction. Personally, I always FastPass+ Frozen, rope drop Soarin’, and use the Single Rider line for Test Track. This helps me knock out all three attractions with a lower wait time.
Just like the Mountain Range at the Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth is considered an Epcot classic attraction. Due to this status and its location at the main entrance to the park, it can regularly experience wait times over 30 minutes. My advice is to FastPass+ this attraction to save time in your day for other things!
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Another Epcot classic is Journey Into Imagination with Figment! This attraction has an indoor queue, which offers major relief on hot Florida days, but it can experience wait times over 30 minutes. Personally, I love this attraction but would not wait for more than 20 minutes for it, so I highly recommend grabbing a FastPass+ for it.
Options for Additional FastPass+ at Epcot
Once you have used your first three FastPass+ reservations, it’s time to add another! The following make great additional FastPass+ reservations and are usually not difficult to book.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends – can experience high wait times on crowded days, omnimover attraction, indoor queue, very popular with young children
- Living with the Land – can experience high wait times on busy days, efficient boat attraction, indoor queue, slow-moving attraction
- Mission Space – both sides (Green – less intense, Orange – more intense) are usually walk-ons, indoor queue, attraction’s hourly capacity is not very high so lines can move slow on busy days